[Individual items appearing on this page can be selected by going to the Appearance –> Widget, and editing Business Template Five. Captions and images for each individual item can be edited by going to that item’s page or post and editing the Featured Image or Excerpt fields.]
Art for Nature
Held at Rimbun Dahan from 1997 to 2012, Art For Nature was a unique showcase of artistic works created by Malaysian and international artists in support of nature conservation. Proceeds from sales of the artworks in this exhibition go towards WWF-Malaysia‘s nature conservation and wildlife protection programmes.
Previous themes of Art For Nature included Touch, and Forests for Water, Water for Life. The Art For Nature exhibition was held annually in the Underground Gallery at Rimbun Dahan.
- Art for Nature 2005: The Power of Dreaming: Taman Sari, Gardens of Delight & Identity2005
This year's Art for Nature exhibition takes its concept from the gardens of Taman Sari, ...
Art Exhibition Openings
Angela Hijjas and Hijjas Kasturi are grateful for the opportunities to speak at the openings of art exhibitions in Kuala Lumpur and to host exhibitions in the Underground Gallery at Rimbun Dahan, giving them the chance to support the development of artistic practice in Malaysia and to share the objectives of the art programme at Rimbun Dahan with the general public.
- Everlasting Love by Azliza Ayob, Rimbun Dahan Residency Exhibition 20162016
Rimbun Dahan presents Everlasting Love, a showcase of recent works made by Malaysian artist Azliza ...
- Priceless: Featuring works by 2015 resident artist Al-Khuzairie Ali2016
Rimbun Dahan presents Priceless, showcasing works made by ceramic artist Al-khuzairie Ali during his six-month ...
- YEAH: solo exhibition by Azam Aris, officiated by Angela Hijjas2015
In 2012, Malaysian artist Azam Aris (also known as Helmi Azam B. Tajol Aris) underwent ...
Other Arts Events at Rimbun Dahan
This page is under development. The links below will be added soon.
- Kuang Road Prayer, by Anthony Pelchen, at the Horsham Regional Arts Gallery, August 2013
- Cultivating the Garden, produced by John Foubister, Mel Fulton and the Adelaide Festival Centre, at Adelaide College of the Arts, August 2013.
- Artriangle, 20 July 2008 at Sokka Gakkai for MATAHATI Art Fund
- ‘Mouth of Flowers’, by Gabrielle Bates at Trocadero Art Space, Footscray, Melbourne
- ‘Half of Malaysia’, a fundraising exhibition for Women’s Aid Organisation, July 2007.
- Resident artists’ open day, 2006.
- Fair Dinkum, June 2005.
- VAASTU Windows To Time, works by Jeganathan Ramachandram at Sutra Gallery
- “A Continued Dialogue,” Khalil Ibrahim Solo Exhibition at Galeri Petronas
- Collaboration ASEAN Mager KL-Jogjakarta
- No Support for Artists in Malaysia – letter to the editor.