Dancing up a tree. On a sculpture. Underwater. Underground. Dancing in Place is back!
A fun excursion for the family, featuring 9 short dance works performed outdoors in the tranquil tropical garden at Rimbun Dahan.
Saturday & Sunday, 26-27 January 2018 (same program both days)
Rimbun Dahan, Km 27 Jalan Kuang, Daerah Kuang, Selangor, 48050.
Google Maps location: https://goo.gl/maps/Xu1UxnfH2g72
FREE ENTRY, donations welcome.
Featuring works by local dance artists:
- Khairi Mokthar brings a horde of aspiring dancers from University of Malaya, bouncing their way to glory.
- Chan Kar Kah of Han Fong Dance Troupe presents a spirited contemporary Chinese dance solo, performed by Ker Yee Teng.
- Norsafini Jafar whips up spitfire dancers Fatin Nadhirah and Dalila Abdul Samad into a fury, with “Darah”.
- Kenny Shim gives us a peek into a creaturely world, performed by the beautiful Lim Pei Ern.
We also welcome a special program of new collaborative creations by teams of Southeast Asian choreographers, working together for the first time:
- Nurulakmal Abdul Wahid and Fauzi Amirudin (Malaysia) with Vidura Amranand (Thailand)
- Chan Sze Wei (Singapore) and Hii Ing Fung (Malaysia)
- Lau Beh Chin (Malaysia) and Fitri Anggraini (Indonesia)
- Sherli Novalinda (Indonesia) and Nguyen Thanh Chung (Vietnam)
- Tan Bee Hung (Malaysia) with saxophonist Ping Wei
The event will continue, rain or shine! Please wear shoes that can get wet/muddy, and bring umbrellas and mosquito repellent. Refreshments will be available for purchase, but feel free to bring your own picnic.
Sorry, Rimbun Dahan is not a wheelchair-accessible venue.
Dancing in Place is a production of MyDance Alliance and Rimbun Dahan.
The collaborative component of Dancing in Place is supported by an Emerging Artist Incubation Funding grant from CENDANA, the Cultural Economy Development Agency.
Producer: Bilqis Hijjas