Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
Various venues at Rimbun Dahan, including our heritage houses, are available for short-term rental for weddings, television commercial or film shoots, and other private/corporate events. Please contact Residency Manager Syar S. Alia to organise a recce visit, and to discuss date availability and prices.
- Rimbun Dahan is committed to investing in emerging/developing artistic talents in the region and furthering artistic exchange with our neighbours. We invite visual artists, writers, arts managers, and researchers/curators from Southeast Asian countries to submit applications for residencies in 2020.... Read more »
- Annalouise Paul is a contemporary-flamenco choreographer and performer from Australia whose works explore identity and transformation through the intersection of contemporary and traditional forms. Annalouise has been working in the field of intercultural dance in Australia and internationally for over... Read more »
- Molly Murphy is a visual artist from Lawrence Kansas. Her current work deals with cycles of life and death as they exist in the interconnected systems between humans and the natural world. Shared Biology is an ongoing series of abstract... Read more »
- Cheryl Salvador is a spoken word artist from the Philippines. She is part of White Wall Poetry, a collective of poets who aim to revolutionize and elevate this artform through writing workshops and open mic events. Some of her pieces... Read more »
- Jessica Niles DeHoff (born 1978, California) is a visual artist and writer living in Beijing, China. Drawing from her earlier career in architecture and urban planning, her work dramatizes interactions between individuals and their social, cultural, and spatial environments. Jessica... Read more »