Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
Various venues at Rimbun Dahan, including our heritage houses, are available for short-term rental for weddings, television commercial or film shoots, and other private/corporate events. Please contact Residency Manager Xeem Noor to organise a recce visit, and to discuss date availability and prices.
- Malaysian visual artist Kim Ng presents the results of his 6-month residency at Rimbun Dahan in this solo exhibition in our Underground Gallery, investigating found objects, natural traces and material essence.... Read more »
- Malaysian contemporary dancer-choreographer Hwa Wei-An returns to Rimbun Dahan for a self-funded residency to develop his solo 'The Art of Falling' into a full-length work, delving into falling, freeriding and the flow state.... Read more »
- Born in Jakarta in 1990, Ella Wijt’s interest in art began at a young age through drawing and painting. She graduated from the School of The Art Institute of Chicago majoring in Contemporary Studies and Painting. Ella enjoys cleaning her... Read more »
- Nhi is a visual artist based in Saigon, Vietnam. Her work ranges from performance and installation, explores themes of human instinct, humans relation with space and time through mixed mediums and familiar objects with potentially metaphorical meanings. Discovering new methods... Read more »
- CC Kua (b. 1991, Malaysia) is a Kuala Lumpur based artist who focuses on contemporary drawing or painting. Sometimes, she just walks around. Born in Sungai Petani, Kedah, CC obtained her BA (Hons) in Graphic Design and Illustration, The One... Read more »