Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
Various venues at Rimbun Dahan, including our heritage houses, are available for short-term rental for weddings, television commercial or film shoots, and other private/corporate events. Please contact Residency Manager Syar S. Alia to organise a recce visit, and to discuss date availability and prices.
- We invite emerging contemporary dance choreographers from Southeast Asia to apply for the Southeast Asian Choreolab 2019. This international choreographic laboratory will take place at Rimbun Dahan, outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 22 to 30 June 2019, facilitated by Australian choreographer Liesel Zink. Due date for applications: 30 November 2018.... Read more »
- The Iliaeb duo was founded by a choreographer, performer and visual artist, Ilia Gilbertas, and Etienne Bernardot, a visual artist using the digital tool. They gathered around the idea of confronting the body with the digital, to appropriate this tool... Read more »
- Melanie Gritzka del Villar (b. 1982) is a transnational visual artist, born of German-Philippine parents, currently based on Boracay Island in the Philippines. Her practice is shaped by an ongoing exploration of ways in which disparate cultural, geographical and environmental... Read more »
- Applications are CLOSED for Rimbun Dahan’s Yearlong Visual Arts Residency for 2018. We are currently reviewing the applications and will endeavor to be in touch with all applicants by end-October. Rimbun Dahan has hosted year-long residencies for more than 20 years, and we... Read more »
- Applications are CLOSED for Rimbun Dahan’s Southeast Asian Arts Residency for 2018. We are currently reviewing the applications and will endeavor to be in touch with all applicants by end-October. Artists who are NOT from Southeast Asia may apply to our Open Residency program which... Read more »