Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
Various venues at Rimbun Dahan, including our heritage houses, are available for short-term rental for weddings, television commercial or film shoots, and other private/corporate events. Please contact Residency Manager Syar S. Alia to organise a recce visit, and to discuss date availability and prices.
- Greetings! My name is Xeem Noor and I’ll be the new Arts Manager in Rimbun Dahan. I’m a writer, ethnographer, researcher, artist and designer with degrees in Architecture and Fine Arts and currently pursuing my PhD in Anthropology in the... Read more »
- A go-to conceptual artist for agencies and brands like MRT Gamuda, Uber Malaysia, Tiger Beer, restaurants as well as Accounting & PR Firms in Malaysia – Nicholas Choong is no stranger to the visual arts and design world. He studied... Read more »
- Wong Xiang Yi (b. 1987, Kuala Lumpur) received her Bachelor of Fine Arts from Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2010 and her Master of Fine Arts from Taipei University of the Arts in 2016. Wong majored in ink painting... Read more »
- 3-5:30pm, 13-14 January 2018, Dancing in Place features 10 short dance works performed outdoors in the tranquil tropical garden at Rimbun Dahan.... Read more »
- Dessy Tri Anandani Bambang or Dessy TAB (b. 1984) is an Indonesian animator born in Brest, France. She started her carreer as animator by participating in animation challenges during her college days at Bandung Institute of Technology. She has won... Read more »