Read more on requirements and how to apply! Application deadline 15 September 2017.
Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
Various venues at Rimbun Dahan, including our heritage houses, are available for short-term rental for weddings, television commercial or film shoots, and other private/corporate events. Please contact Residency Manager Syar S. Alia to organise a recce visit, and to discuss date availability and prices.
- We invite emerging contemporary dance choreographers to apply for this international facilitated choreographic laboratory at Rimbun Dahan, 23 June to 1 July 2018. Due date for applications: 30 November 2017. In partnership with Goethe-Institut.... Read more »
- apparatus dance collective, consisting of dancer-choreographers Morganne Mazeika and Zach Khoo are currently at Rimbun Dahan developing a new work called “discussions with”. The intention with the residency is to explore human interaction through a physical means of communication. Their... Read more »
- On 3 September 2017, Rimbun Dahan opened our grounds and the studios of our current resident artists to the general public. The artists featured were Dhiyanah Hassan (Malaysia), Flor Alba (Switzerland) and Zulkifli Lee (Malaysia), Zachary Khoo (Msia/USA) and Morganne... Read more »
- Applications are now open for Rimbun Dahan’s Southeast Asian Arts Residency for 2018! Please read below for more information. One of our leading commitments is investing in emerging/developing artistic talents in the region and furthering artistic exchange with our neighbours.... Read more »
- Rimbun Dahan is now accepting applications for a year-long residency from January to December 2018 for visual artists from Malaysia. We have hosted year-long residencies for more than 20 years, and have seen Malaysian artists use their time with us to... Read more »