A weekend of site-specific contemporary dance works at Rimbun Dahan, free for the family to enjoy, on 31 January and 1 February, 3-6.30pm.
Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
- Australian visual artist Jennifer Tyers has been resident at Rimbun Dahan for three months, painting the grounds with a particular interest in the various plants and trees. Read More »
- On 30 January 2015, Australian painter Joanna Gambotto will share her works from her 3-month residency at Hotel Penaga in George Town, Penang. Read More »
- Rimbun Dahan has recently hired Syar to be our new arts manager, working part time to provide support for our resident artists, document our visual arts collection, and organise more programs and events. Welcome, Syar! Read More »
- Dancing up a tree. On a sculpture. Underwater. Underground. Dancing in Place 2015 is a weekend of site-specific contemporary dance works at Rimbun Dahan, free for the family to enjoy, on 31 January and 1 February, 3-6.30pm. Read More »
- Indonesian writer, poet and indisciplinary artist Khairan Barokka is in residence at Rimbun Dahan for six months, working on writing projects as well as using text in mixed media works. Read More »