Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
Various venues at Rimbun Dahan, including our heritage houses, are available for short-term rental for weddings, television commercial or film shoots, and other private/corporate events. Please contact Residency Manager Syar S. Alia to organise a recce visit, and to discuss date availability and prices.
- 3-5:30pm, 13-14 January 2018, Dancing in Place features 10 short dance works performed outdoors in the tranquil tropical garden at Rimbun Dahan.... Read more »
- Dessy Tri Anandani Bambang or Dessy TAB (b. 1984) is an Indonesian animator born in Brest, France. She started her carreer as animator by participating in animation challenges during her college days at Bandung Institute of Technology. She has won... Read more »
- We are looking for a part time Arts Manager starting February 2018 to coordinate the residency, arts, performance and outreach programs at Rimbun Dahan to ensure a lively and active series of residencies and events throughout the year.... Read more »
- Originally from Brazil, in the last three years Carlos Carvalho has been living in Asia, first India, now in Indonesia. Using crafts techniques and everyday materials, like textiles (mostly felt), paper, cardboard and paint, he builds topographies. Those topographies are... Read more »
- Rimbun Dahan presents Material, Order & Chance, a solo exhibition by Rimbun Dahan Yearlong Resident Artist 2017, Zulkifli Lee. In the well-trod tradition of past resident artists, Zulkifli has taken inspiration from the natural and built environments of Rimbun Dahan... Read more »