Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
Various venues at Rimbun Dahan, including our heritage houses, are available for short-term rental for weddings, television commercial or film shoots, and other private/corporate events. Please contact Residency Manager Syar S. Alia to organise a recce visit, and to discuss date availability and prices.
- Kim Ng is an artist and art educator based in Kuala Lumpur. He works with a variety of media and art forms such as mixed media painting, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, drawing, and installation work. Kim Ng did his Diploma in... Read more »
- Australian dancer-choreographer Annalouise Paul, the current resident choreographer at Rimbun Dahan, will conduct a 3-hour workshop open to the local performance community on Monday 9 Sept 2019.... Read more »
- Lada Dedić is a maker from Australia; a slow art practitioner who utilises the intricate, almost surgical process of repetitive stitching which documents the passage of time while she explores themes of neuroanthropology, meditative contemplation and the interplay of science... Read more »
- Linh Valerie Pham is an interdisciplinary storyteller based in Hanoi, Vietnam. She is interested in movement, puppetry, breath, pretty words, ugly words and all things magical. Her aim as an artist is to tell stories in a way that disrupts... Read more »
- Rimbun Dahan is committed to investing in emerging/developing artistic talents in the region and furthering artistic exchange with our neighbours. We invite visual artists, writers, arts managers, and researchers/curators from Southeast Asian countries to submit applications for residencies in 2020.... Read more »