Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
Various venues at Rimbun Dahan, including our heritage houses, are available for short-term rental for weddings, television commercial or film shoots, and other private/corporate events. Please contact Residency Manager Syar S. Alia to organise a recce visit, and to discuss date availability and prices.
- Chuah Shu Ruei is an emerging contemporary artist based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Having graduated from ASWARA (National Academy of Arts, Heritage and Culture) in 2013, and also having done apprenticeships with Long Thien Shih and Studio TERUSI (a Malaysian artist... Read more »
- Hings Lim (b. 1989, Malaysia) studied Fine Art at the Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, Malaysia. He was awarded the Chair of P. Ramlee from Petronas Award in 2012. He is a multidisciplinary artist based in Kuala Lumpur. Working with a wide... Read more »
- Lauren Jeyoon Lee was born in Maryland, USA and moved to South Korea when she as four. She spent most of her teenage years in Singapore and returned to USA to receive her education in Fine Arts. Lauren is currently... Read more »
- Our staff found some lumps of kemian hitam, a type of aromatic resin that came from the rotting wood of Canarium littorale or kedondong bulan which had been struck by lightning a while ago. Half of the tree was killed and rotting on the... Read more »
- Another species planted in the early 90s is Dryobalanops aromatica, common name kapur, now old enough to present the typical shaggy purple-brown bark. ... Read more »