Angela Hijjas and Hijjas Kasturi are constructing a new resort at Sungai Chendor on the coast of Pahang. The boutique resort also features the recently launched hatchery for endangered marine turtles.
Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
- During the egg-laying season for endangered Green Turtles from April to September this year, 5880 eggs have been incubated at our new hatchery at Sungai Chendor. Read More »
- We are currently propagating dipterocarp seedlings to be planted at the Sg Chendor resort on the East Coast. Read More »
- Hijjas Kasturi has been honoured with an Alumni Fellow Award from the University of Adelaide, presented on 10 September 2014. Read More »
- Sarawakian artist Anniketyni Madian spent 6 months at Rimbun Dahan in 2014, continuing a sculptural journey with intricate wooden works inspired by Pua Kumbu textiles. Read More »
- Melissa Lin was a resident artist at Rimbun Dahan in 2014. For Melissa, an artist and astrologer who loves how both disciplines the mystery and richness of life, the gift of time and of spaciousness at Rimbun Dahan opened up new possibilities for her drawing and painting practice. Read More »