Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
Various venues at Rimbun Dahan, including our heritage houses, are available for short-term rental for weddings, television commercial or film shoots, and other private/corporate events. Please contact Residency Manager Syar S. Alia to organise a recce visit, and to discuss date availability and prices.
- Applications are now open for Rimbun Dahan’s Yearlong Visual Arts Residency from January to December 2019 for Malaysian visual artists. Rimbun Dahan has hosted year-long residencies for more than 20 years, and we have seen Malaysian artists use their time... Read more »
- Rimbun Dahan is inviting applications for the Southeast Asian Arts Residency for 2019 for artists from Southeast Asia. Artists who are NOT from Southeast Asia may apply to our Open Residency program which has rolling applications. Rimbun Dahan is committed... Read more »
- Ulrike Johannsen is from Vienna and our resident artist under the Open Residency Program for August 2018. She graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts, Vienna and have been actively creating and exhibiting works as well as receiving awards, grants and... Read more »
- Nadhir Nor (b. 1994) is an illustrator based in Sungai Buloh, Selangor. Graduated from The One Academy, Sunway he aspires to dabble in as many media he can try on from a mural commission for Urbanscapes (2016), to designing journals... Read more »
- Yesterday, our staff found this dying Barred Eagle Owl on the ground near the front compound. “The barred eagle-owl (Bubo sumatranus), also called the Malay eagle-owl, is a species of owl in the family Strigidae. It is a member of... Read more »