An exhibition of works by our 2014-2015 resident artists.
Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
- Tran Dan studied architecture in university, but his artistic career is built on self-taught painting and sculpture. His primal medium is lacquer, which is widely represented and used in Vietnamese traditional and modern arts. Tran is keen to further develop Read More »
- Rimbun Dahan can be paradise for snakes... or the last thing a snake ever sees. This month, one lucky python found a new home, but things didn't turn out so well for a cobra. Read More »
- The construction of the new hotel at Sungai Chendor is underway, with staff quarters and one guest chalet already finished, and another guest chalet and landscaping walls currently being built. Read More »
- From 15 to 22 March 2015, the Underground Gallery at Rimbun Dahan presents a selection of works by our recent resident artists: Malaysian sculptor Anniketyni Madian, Australian artist Jennifer Tyers, Indonesian poet Khairani Barokka, Vietnamese painter and sculptor Tran Dan, and Thai painter Yuwatee Jehko. Read More »
- Nina Rupena is a Bosnian born project-based artist currently located in Melbourne. She works across mediums and practices using both visual art and design as tools for communicating ideas. Painting and drawing are her passion and she has a great Read More »