A solo exhibition by Rimbun Dahan's Yearlong Resident Artist for 2017, Zulkifli Lee. Read more...
Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
Various venues at Rimbun Dahan, including our heritage houses, are available for short-term rental for weddings, television commercial or film shoots, and other private/corporate events. Please contact Residency Manager Syar S. Alia to organise a recce visit, and to discuss date availability and prices.
- Originally from Brazil, in the last three years Carlos Carvalho has been living in Asia, first India, now in Indonesia. Using crafts techniques and everyday materials, like textiles (mostly felt), paper, cardboard and paint, he builds topographies. Those topographies are... Read more »
- Rimbun Dahan presents Material, Order & Chance, a solo exhibition by Rimbun Dahan Yearlong Resident Artist 2017, Zulkifli Lee. In the well-trod tradition of past resident artists, Zulkifli has taken inspiration from the natural and built environments of Rimbun Dahan... Read more »
- We invite emerging contemporary dance choreographers to apply for this international facilitated choreographic laboratory at Rimbun Dahan, 23 June to 1 July 2018. Due date for applications: 30 November 2017. In partnership with Goethe-Institut.... Read more »
- apparatus dance collective, consisting of dancer-choreographers Morganne Mazeika and Zach Khoo are currently at Rimbun Dahan developing a new work called “discussions with”. The intention with the residency is to explore human interaction through a physical means of communication. Their... Read more »
- On 3 September 2017, Rimbun Dahan opened our grounds and the studios of our current resident artists to the general public. The artists featured were Dhiyanah Hassan (Malaysia), Flor Alba (Switzerland) and Zulkifli Lee (Malaysia), Zachary Khoo (Msia/USA) and Morganne... Read more »