An exhibition of works by our 2014-2015 resident artists.
Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
- Haffendi Anuar (b. 1985, Malaysia) is an artist based in Kuala Lumpur. He works with a variety of media and disciplines such as drawing, painting, sculpture and photography. He did his International Baccalaureate certificate in fine art at the International School of Read More »
- Kedsuda Loogthong (b. 1983, Songkhla, Thailand) graduated from the Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts at Bangkok University, Thailand in 2006. Loogthong’s early works examine the urbanization of her rural landscape and society and how consumerism has affected the lives Read More »
- On Sunday 7 June 2015, the participants of the Southeast Asian Choreolab 2015 will share snippets of what they have learned during their 9-day training and networking session at Rimbun Dahan. Read More »
- Yeoh Choo Kuan (b. 1988, Malaysia) is a young artist working in the veins of Abstract Expressionism though he installs narratives and hints of figuration to the formal language of his paintings. He graduated from Dasein Academy of Art, Kuala Read More »
- Hasanul Isyraf Idris (b. 1978, Malaysia) was trained at Mara University of Technology, UiTM, in Perak. He has received a number of awards, including the Young Contemporary Arts Award in 2007 at the National Visual Arts Gallery, Kuala Lumpur, the Read More »