Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
Various venues at Rimbun Dahan, including our heritage houses, are available for short-term rental for weddings, television commercial or film shoots, and other private/corporate events. Please contact Residency Manager Syar S. Alia to organise a recce visit, and to discuss date availability and prices.
- Lily Yulianti Farid is a media, communication and gender & development specialist, researcher, trainer and translator with more than 15 years of experience in Indonesia, Japan and Australia. Lily has worked as a communication specialist, writer, radio journalist, producer, presenter,... Read more »
- Faizal Yunus (b.1989, Malaysia) is a Malaysian based artist who works mainly in printmaking, painting and installation. He graduated in Bachelor of Fine Arts from Mara University of Technology (UiTM) in 2012 majoring in printmaking. Faizal has been drawn towards... Read more »
- We invite emerging contemporary dance choreographers from Southeast Asia to apply for the Southeast Asian Choreolab 2019. This international choreographic laboratory will take place at Rimbun Dahan, outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 22 to 30 June 2019, facilitated by Australian choreographer Liesel Zink. Due date for applications: 30 November 2018.... Read more »
- The Iliaeb duo was founded by a choreographer, performer and visual artist, Ilia Gilbertas, and Etienne Bernardot, a visual artist using the digital tool. They gathered around the idea of confronting the body with the digital, to appropriate this tool... Read more »
- Melanie Gritzka del Villar (b. 1982) is a transnational visual artist, born of German-Philippine parents, currently based on Boracay Island in the Philippines. Her practice is shaped by an ongoing exploration of ways in which disparate cultural, geographical and environmental... Read more »