An exhibition of works by our 2014-2015 resident artists.
Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
- Rose Thomas, founder and creative director of New Zealand label Nymphets uses costume, textile design and multi medium art in a fresh approach to fashion. Installation and performance art are central to exhibiting Rose’s work. Under the Nymphets brand, Rose has Read More »
- Rhiannon Rebecca Salisbury is an emerging artist from London. Since the inception of her career her work has been exhibited across Europe and the US (London, Rome, New York, Los Angeles). The Artist was awarded The Rome Art Program Scholarship, Read More »
- Tran Dan studied architecture in university, but his artistic career is built on self-taught painting and sculpture. His primal medium is lacquer, which is widely represented and used in Vietnamese traditional and modern arts. Tran is keen to further develop Read More »
- Rimbun Dahan can be paradise for snakes... or the last thing a snake ever sees. This month, one lucky python found a new home, but things didn't turn out so well for a cobra. Read More »
- The construction of the new hotel at Sungai Chendor is underway, with staff quarters and one guest chalet already finished, and another guest chalet and landscaping walls currently being built. Read More »