Read more on requirements and how to apply! Application deadline 15 September 2017.
Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
- Applications are now open for Rimbun Dahan’s Southeast Asian Arts Residency for 2018! Please read below for more information. One of our leading commitments is investing in emerging/developing artistic talents in the region and furthering artistic exchange with our neighbours.... Read more »
- Rimbun Dahan is now accepting applications for a year-long residency from January to December 2018 for visual artists from Malaysia. We have hosted year-long residencies for more than 20 years, and have seen Malaysian artists use their time with us to... Read more »
- During my residency I will continue my recent practice of finding small instances of beauty in every day life and magnifying it. By limiting my focus to a tiny space, I can find shapes, forms and colours that always around... Read more »
- At the end of their four month residency in May 2017, Haffendi Anuar and Veronika Neukirch briefly displayed their individual works and collaborative work in the airwell of our underground gallery. The play of different materials, dimensions, and angles made... Read more »
- Mirage catcher, graduate of Geneva School of Art and Design/Haute Ecole d’Art et de Design (HEAD) in 2012, Flor Alba draws and paints according to her aesthetic inclinations and contemplative imagination. Zig-zag wanderings. Surveying the contradictions of beauty, she feels... Read more »