Rimbun Dahan is the home of architect Hijjas Kasturi and his wife Angela. Set on fourteen acres outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the compound of Rimbun Dahan is a centre for developing traditional and contemporary art forms.
Rimbun Dahan hosts a range of artists’ residencies to encourage visual artists, choreographers and other creative individuals to explore and develop their artistic work.
Various venues at Rimbun Dahan, including our heritage houses, are available for short-term rental for weddings, television commercial or film shoots, and other private/corporate events. Please contact Residency Manager Xeem Noor to organise a recce visit, and to discuss date availability and prices.
- Florian Borstlap is a visual artist, performer and chief officer on large commercial vessels. He also produces costumes, decor and music for theatre shows. Florian’s work develops itself around its umbrella project ‘The Entity of ZOON’, mythology fabricated by himself. Driven... Read more »
- There are new Dipterocarp plants in the garden. Here are some information about them: Dipterocarpus rigidis is a large emergent tree to 50m tall; local name is keruing cogan, the shape of the leaf suggests the broad spear head (cogan) seen on... Read more »
- 15-17 Nov 2019 at White Box Publika: contemporary dance in a gallery space, by Isabelle Schad, winner of the German Dance Prize 2019. Performers from 9 countries form bodies into powerfully sensuous moving forms.... Read more »
- Kim Ng is an artist and art educator based in Kuala Lumpur. He works with a variety of media and art forms such as mixed media painting, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, drawing, and installation work. Kim Ng did his Diploma in... Read more »
- Australian dancer-choreographer Annalouise Paul, the current resident choreographer at Rimbun Dahan, will conduct a 3-hour workshop open to the local performance community on Monday 9 Sept 2019.... Read more »